Competition for the position of the Director of the Nature Research Centre
Pursuant to Order No. ISAK-2463 “On the Approval of the Description of the Procedure for Holding a Selection of the Director of the State Research Institute by Way of an Open Competition Procedure” of the Minister of Education and Science of 1 December 2009 and Order No. P1-281 of the Minister of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania “On the Approval of Qualification Requirements for the Position of the Director of the Centre for Innovative Medicine” of 31 October 2019, the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania has announced a competition for the position of the Director of the Nature Research Centre.
Qualification requirements for the position of the director of the Nature Research Centre:
1. have an impeccable reputation;
2. have a doctoral degree (PhD) in natural sciences;
3. at least 5 years of managerial experience (must have governed an institution or a unit of institution or an international research project);
4. have experience in participating in international research and experimental development (R&D) projects;
5. in-depth knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, laws of the Republic of Lithuania, resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, legal acts of the European Union and other legal acts related to the activities of the Centre;
6. in-depth knowledge of Lithuanian science and studies policy and strategy (Law on Science and Studies and related documents);
7. know the management principles of the Center and the application of management methods in their work;
8. in-depth knowledge of the specifics and prospects of the implementation of the key research directions of the Center;
9. be familiar with Lithuania's progress strategy „Lithuania 2030“;
10. be familiar with the European Union structural assistance administration system in Lithuania;
11. be familiar with the European Union's strategic documents relating to research and experimental development (R&D) activities;
12. fluency in Lithuanian (the language proficiency level must correspond to the requirements of the state language proficiency categories approved by Resolution No. 1688 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of 24 December 2003 “On the Approval and Implementation of the State Language Proficiency Categories”);
13. in-depth knowledge of document preparation, administration and accounting rules;
14. know 2 foreign languages, among them – an official language of the EU.
Candidates to the position of the director of the Centre must submit the following documents:
1. an application to take part in the competition (in a free form), containing his/ her contact details (telephone number, e-mail address, residence address);
2. apersonal identity document and / or its copy;
3. a document certifying a scientific degree and / or its copy;
4. a brief curriculum vitae;
5. a brief description of research activities and list of research publications (indicating 10-15 the most important research publications);
6. a draft of the Centre's 10-year strategy and guidelines of activities for the next 5 years;
7. a motivation letter;
8. information on participation in international R&D projects;
9. a list of activities that prove managerial experience;
10. other documents that allow objectively assessing the applicant’s qualification and eligibility (at the candidate’s discretion).
Candidates must deliver documents (or their translations) in Lithuanian language directly to the Human Resource Division of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania (A. Volano g. 2, Vilnius, Room 108 or 107) not later than by 6 December 2019, inclusive, on Mondays to Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Thursdays to Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. either by e-mail (signing by an electronic signature) email@example.com or by a registered letter addressed to the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, A. Volano g. 2, 01516 Vilnius.
If documents were sent by e-mail or by registered mail, the original documents shall be checked against their submitted copies when the candidate arrives for the competition.
For more information, please call: (8 5) 219 1108, (8 5) 219 1170.
Date of publication: 06 11 2019